• The Vision Zero Automotive Network debuted its Preferred Retailer Locator at its website starting with Car Toys locations and retailers from Restylers United
• Consumers can search for retailers that specialize in more than 30 services over six categories
• “We want to thank Car Toys and Restylers United for being the first retailers to join us on this mission. Our objective is to educate consumers on the severity of traffic-related accidents and fatalities and then show how we can eliminate them through technology that is readily available for vehicles they already own. Adding the Preferred Retailer locator gives us the final piece to guide engaged consumers to dedicated retailers that can upgrade their vehicles with life-saving enhancements.”
Car Toys, Restylers United are first approved stores listed
SOUTHFIELD, MICH., July 1, 2019 (MEDIAWIRE) – The Vision Zero Automotive Network announced that it has launched a Preferred Retailer locator at its new website, visionzero.us. Seattle, Wash.-based Car Toys chain is one of two organizations first approved to populate the locator, adding 48 stores throughout Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Texas. The other is Restylers United, a 15-location organization comprising individual chains and stores specializing in automotive aftermarket enhancement. The locator is the first step in helping consumers find quality retailers that specialize in the latest vehicle safety technology for the aftermarket.
“We are honored to be a Vision Zero Automotive Network partner and a Preferred Retailer,” said Greg Parsonson, president of Car Toys. “Our goals to make driving safer are perfectly aligned. We are very excited by the promise of the newest driver safety technologies to make driving safer than ever before, and the process must begin with awareness and education. Eliminating distracted driving fatalities is not just a goal, but should be THE goal for our industry.”
The Vision Zero Automotive Network launched its new website at visionzero.us in April 2019 with a focus on educating visitors, introducing aftermarket safety technologies and enlisting safety product manufacturers and suppliers to participate. The new Preferred Retailer locator lets visitors search for qualified retail centers by distance from their location as well as proximity to an entered address. Visitors can further refine the list based on six categories and more than 30 product types and services offered.
“Restylers United is excited to be a part of the Vision Zero Automotive Network,” said Jared Cohen, Restylers United member and president of Auto Action in Kenilworth, N.J. “Our experience in both the retail and wholesale markets allows us to understand and fulfill the complexities associated with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) technology. We welcome this additional opportunity to educate customers and provide the highest level of sales and support for this important segment.”
The Vision Zero Automotive Network has also finalized its qualifications for other retail locations to join and have their location listed as a Preferred Retailer. In order to be listed, retailers must meet three main requirements:
- The ability to offer complete sales and service of safety products. Preferred Retailers have sales and service facilities, along with the required specialty tools to ensure the job is done right.
- A complete understanding of safety products available for vehicles, and the ability to explain them in non-industry speak. Preferred Retailers continually evaluate aftermarket safety products to ensure they deliver the same quality performance as factory-installed versions.
- Ongoing education. Preferred Retailers must attend industry recognized training on an annual basis to stay up-to-date on the latest products, vehicle specifics and installation practices.
Retailers that feel they meet the requirements can fill out the Preferred Retailer application at mwi.re/PR-App, or go to visionzero.us and click “Become a Preferred Retailer” under the About Us heading.
“We want to thank Car Toys and Restylers United for being the first retailers to join us on this mission,” said Bernie Sapienza, executive director of the Vision Zero Automotive Network. “Our objective is to educate consumers on the severity of traffic-related accidents and fatalities and then show how we can eliminate them through technology that is readily available for vehicles they already own. Adding the Preferred Retailer locator gives us the final piece to guide engaged consumers to dedicated retailers that can upgrade their vehicles with life-saving enhancements.”
About the Vision Zero Automotive Network
“Vision Zero Automotive Network” is a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity dedicated to educating and encouraging the saving of lives through the addition of life-saving technologies. Our mission, simply stated, is to save lives. Using several Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and technologies developed for the automotive aftermarket, we have the power to make an impact now. We want to use that power to every driver’s advantage. Not in ten years. Not next year. Not next week. Not tomorrow. Today, right this minute, the aftermarket consumer electronics industry have the products and the technology that can help drivers avoid deadly accidents. Our mission is to get those products into cars and trucks that already exist, now. And once we do, we can help avoid 10,000 deaths on U.S. roads.
[gallery link=”file” ids=”4715