Dear media professional:
Following is an overview of JVC’s new product and technology offerings to be introduced during the 2017 CES in Las Vegas. PLEASE NOTE that this is not a press release. Please use the information for your pre-show technology coverage.
• THE JVC exhibit will be located at Booth #4602 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
• All press releases on new products and technologies will available on the first day of the show at jvc.mediawi.re. In addition, key press releases will be delivered to your email inbox on each day of the show. (There will not be a press conference this year.)
• Scheduled booth tours are available. Please contact Hazim Jainoor to set an appointment.
• Demo product may be available on a limited basis. Please contact Hazim Jainoor with specific product requests.
• We will gladly accommodate interview requests with JVC product and executive personnel. Please contact Hazim Jainoor to schedule a specific person and interview time.
2017 Line-Up Highlights
• 20 new receivers for 2017: 15 are currently shipping; remaining 5 will ship in the first quarter of 2017.
• New KW-M730BT Digital Media Receiver: Features a double-DIN mech-less design with support for Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto ™.
• 2 new receivers (KD-R888BT and KD-R988BTS) featuring new flat-face design and 4-volt pre-outs with MSRPs of $100 and $130, respectively.
• Android Auto™: Supported on flagship multimedia and digital media receivers.
• Remote App: Free wireless phone app (available from the App Store or Google Play) that enables control of a compatible JVC receiver through the smartphone via Bluetooth®. Users can view source information and change audio settings in addition to source control, and use the app as a standalone music player when not connected to the receiver.
• JVC Streaming DJ: Stream content on a compatible receiver via Bluetooth from up to 5 simultaneously connected wireless devices.
Please note that not all features are applicable to all models.
2017 Key Technologies and Improvements
• Cosmetic enhancements to multimedia line with new flat-face design
• Full view of 6.8-inch screen (without static on-screen buttons)
• New 2-line display on select single-DIN receivers
• High-current, 1.5-amp smartphone charging via USB
• Support for 192kHz / 24-bit FLAC-encoded media
• Enhanced iDataLink Maestro Integration: 3rd party radar; park assist; indicators for climate, vehicle information gear shift; speaker selection for warning tones
• Sound Adjustment Suite on all multimedia and Bluetooth-equipped models: K2 Technology, Sound Lift, Sound Response, Space Enhancement, Volume Link EQ,13 Band Equalizer, Time Alignment
Features Across 2017 Receiver Line
• Apple CarPlay™: 2 receivers
• Android Auto™: 2 receivers
• JVC Streaming DJ: 11 receivers
• Remote App: 22 receivers
• High-Resolution Audio: 2 receivers
• Sound Adjustment Suite: 22 receivers
• FLAC Support: 17 receivers
• HDMI / MHL: 2 receivers
• iDatalink Maestro Rr compatibility (requires Maestro Rr module): 4 receivers
• SiriusXM® satellite radio compatibility (requires SiriusXM receiver): 15 receivers
• Spotify® (controls app on connected phone): 7 receivers
• Pandora® Radio (controls app on connected phone): 24 receivers
• iHeartRadio (controls app on connected phone): 21 receivers
CD Receivers: JVC is introducing 13 new CD receivers for the U.S. market. MSRPs for the new models start at $75. All models are currently shipping. The total number of CD receivers for 2017 is 16.
Multimedia/CD Receivers: JVC is introducing 7 new multimedia receivers for the U.S. market. MSRPs for the new models start at $280. Of these, 2 models are currently shipping. The remainder will ship in the first quarter of 2017. The total number of multimedia receivers for 2017 is 10.
Marine / Motorsports Receivers: The current lineup of 2 JVC marine receivers will continue through 2017. MSRPs start at $110.
The current lineup of 10 JVC amplifiers will continue through 2017. MSRPs start at $80.
The current lineup of 26 JVC speaker sets will continue through 2017. MSRPs start at $40.
The current lineup of 3 JVC subwoofers will continue through 2017. MSRPs start at $80.
About JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation
JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of JVCKENWOOD Corporation and is a leading developer of imaging, home and car entertainment, and navigation products for the consumer market, two-way radio communications systems for public safety, private industry and amateur users, and video equipment for the broadcast and professional markets. For detailed information, call JVCKENWOOD USA at 1-800-252-5772 or visit us at http://us.jvckenwood.com, www.kenwood.com/usa and www.jvc.com.
[gallery link=”file” ids=”3642