Nicole Obisesan • (734) 619-1250
• Brandmotion announced it is shipping the Curb-Alert Park View PRO, the first aftermarket camera system that automatically shows a front view on an attached in-vehicle display when it senses an obstacle
• The company is also shipping an array of dual-camera interfaces for select models that enable two aftermarket cameras, or one aftermarket and one factory camera, to work with a factory radio display
• “Carmakers have validated the benefits of front-view cameras, and as a result, current vehicle owners want to add front-vision safety to their vehicles as well. The Curb-Alert Park View PRO is the first aftermarket front-vision system that automatically turns on when a driver is close to an object, and the there are no switches to install or flip. It delivers a truly integrated experience that lets the driver focus on safe maneuvering.”
Curb-Alert Park View PRO combines camera and advanced-technology sensor to automatically activate viewing on an in-vehicle display
SOUTHFIELD, MICH., October 15, 2015 (MEDIAWIRE) – This week, Brandmotion LLC, leading developer of driver safety and collision avoidance systems for the automotive aftermarket, introduced the third generation of its Curb-Alert front-end proximity sensor. Curb-Alert’s ability to detect distance from curbs, parking blocks and other objects has saved vehicle owners thousands of dollars in bumper and fascia repairs. However, the newest version—Curb-Alert Park View PRO—allows the user to see, as well as be alerted to, obstacles with a camera that automatically shows the front view through a factory or aftermarket in-vehicle display.
“Carmakers have validated the benefits of front-view cameras, and as a result, current vehicle owners want to add front-vision safety to their vehicles as well,” said Jeff Varick, president of Brandmotion. “To date, the only aftermarket options available require the user manually activate them, an additional step that adds to driver distraction. The Curb-Alert Park View PRO is the first aftermarket front-vision system that automatically turns on when a driver is close to an object, and the there are no switches to install or flip. It delivers a truly integrated experience that lets the driver focus on safe maneuvering.”
The Curb-Alert Park View PRO features a small, weatherproof sensor that mounts beneath the bumper, along with a high-resolution camera that provides a wide-angled view of the area in front of the vehicle. The patented system can be customized to the vehicle and driver preference with an adjustable sensing distance of between 12 and 28 inches.
Once an object is detected, the Curb-Alert Park View PRO beeps an audible alert and triggers a connected radio display or monitor to turn on for 10 seconds. The display can be configured during installation to show park grid lines to aid in maneuvering.
While Curb Alert Park View PRO connects directly to any aftermarket display with RCA-type inputs, the automatic functionality of the system makes it an ideal add-on for vehicles that have a factory radio display. Brandmotion’s new dual camera interfaces, made for select Ford, Chrysler and GM vehicles, enable a factory display to connect to both front and rear aftermarket cameras, or add a front camera and maintain the factory rear camera. Each is sold separately:
- Part No. 9002-2780 – Ford vehicles with 4” MyFord display; MSRP $389.95
- Part No. 9002-2781 – Ford vehicles with 8” MyTouch display; MSRP $429.95
- Part No. 9002-2782 – Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge vehicles with 6.1” MyGig display; MSRP $389.95
- Part No. 9002-2783 – Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge vehicles with 8.4” and 5” display; MSRP $429.95
- Part No. 9002-2763 – GM vehicles; MSRP $599.95
“Curb-Alert started as a favorite for Corvette owners who wanted to avoid damage to their cherished cars. A small curb tap on a Z06 can cost as much as $4,000 to repair,” added Varick. “Now, anyone who is anxious about how close they can park to a garage wall or curb can have an automatic set of eyes to guide them, every day and every time they park.”
The Curb Alert Park View PRO has an MSRP of $249.95, and is available and shipping, along with the new dual-camera interface systems, to authorized Brandmotion retailers. For more information, visit Brandmotion.com or follow Brandmotion on Facebook at facebook.com/brandmotion.
Image(s): “](Click for Larger Version)
[gallery link=”file” ids=”3277